Skyxe believes that accessibility is of the utmost important for all of our guests and we are continually working to make our services better.
We are subject to the Canadian Transportation Agency Accessible Transportation for Persons with Disabilities Regulations.
Skyxe considers digital accessibility a vital subject to consider in today's digital landscape. Ensuring that our platform is navigable, actionable, and consumable by people with varying physical and cognitive impairments is important to us. As such, we've set forth a clear plan to not only achieve, but maintain digital accessibility conformance over time.
We've aimed to achieve levels A and AA compliance, as set forth by the WCAG 2.1 guidelines for digital accessibility, which is an international standard on the subject. As a commitment to both achieve and maintain compliance over time, we've enlisted the services of Online ADA, a national leader in digital accessibility consulting services.
Our Accessibility services
Our facility currently offers:
- Unisex/family washrooms
- Barrier-free entry/exit washrooms
- Availability of wheelchairs for guest use
- Wheelchair accessible ramps and elevators
- For guests that require personal assistance to the gate by a friend or family member, escort passes are available through individual airlines;
- Flight information monitors that are located throughout the Airport
- Two pet relief areas are located directly in front of the air terminal building. From the exterior terminal building doors, the pet relief areas are located across the commercial curb and commercial traffic lane, on either end of the canopy that separates the commercial curb from the public curb. Click here for an image of the pet relief locations
- A wheelchair accessible shuttle is available from the remote jetSet parking lot. The shuttle picks up and drops off from the small shuttle shelter located in the center of the parking lot, on the north side of the only building in the parking lot
- Accessible parking stalls can be found in our public parking lots.
- In our short-term (ExpressXE) parking lots, the accessible stalls are located in the first row next to the cross walks on the far north and south ends of the parking lot
- In our long-term (StandardXE) parking lots, the accessible stalls are located in the first row of this parking lot, with three stalls next to the north crosswalk and eight stalls located between the two south crosswalks.
- In our remote (jetSet) parking lot, accessible stalls are located in the center rows on the east and west side of the shuttle shelter.
- To review an image of our short-term and long-term parking lots, click here.
- To review an image of our remote parking lot, click here.
- Skyxe offers several accessible ground transportation options:
- Accessible taxi cabs service the airport. Captain Taxi (306-242-0000) , YXE City Cabs (306-444-3333), and Hey Taxi (306-668-8888) are Skyxe’s licensed on-demand taxi service providers for trips from the air terminal building. Taxis can be found along the terminal curbside, pre-arranged by calling in advance, or emailing our Curbside Operations Group at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hand-controlled equipped vehicle rentals can be arranged.
- We recommend contacting the respective car rental agency to coordinate your hand-controlled equipped vehicle rental 72 hours in advance.
- For more information on City of Saskatoon Access Transit, click here.
- Accessible areas for immediate loading and unloading of guests are available on the public curb, identified by signage and a blocked area with an accessible icon painted on the ground
- For non-immediate, scheduled loading and unloading of guests, access to the commercial curb can be provided by contacting our Curbside Operations Group at 306-934-7275 or email@example.com
For any questions or to request information on accessibility assistance available on the curb, you can speak to our Curbside Operations Group in person at the ValetXE desk located in the middle of the terminal building next to the check-in hall. The Curbside Operations Group can also be contacted by phone at 306-934-7275 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are a person with a disability and require specific information around flight schedules, call 306-975-8900 or email email@example.com
For adiitional information on accessibility, click here:
As part of its on-going training program on accessibility, Skyxe offers our patners site specific training protocols.
Learn more by clicking the image below.