Social Distance & Traffic flow
In the effort to reduce the spread of COVID-19, we have installed several measures to help with social distancing and traffic flow.
- Installed plexi-glass barriers at all airline check-in counters, boarding gates, and information desks;
- Skyxe is reminding the community to minimize group size when coming into the terminal. For quick passenger pick-up or drop off, please use our cell phone parking lot and proceed to the public curb after your guest has let you know they have their bags.
We have enhanced our supplementary cleaning measures that are already in place, including the utilization of higher-grade cleaning products and supplementary cleaning and sanitizing of our highest touch-points such as handrails, kiosks, and armrests. Our heightened cleaning plan for the terminal quadruples our standard cleaning protocols and continues to utilize high-grade cleaning products. We have disinfectant wipes located throughout the terminal for wiping baggage cart handles.
Skyxe continues to prioritize guest safety. In addition to numerous safety protocols, Skyxe has also installed LED UV-C handrail sterilization technology on its escalators. The LED UV-C handrail module is mounted internally, so it’s safe to hold our handrails with confidence.
Ultraviolet germicidal irradiation (UVGI) utilizing UV-C technology has been proven to be effective against pathogens such as bacteria and viruses, by penetrating their cells and damaging the DNA or RNA that contain their genetic code.
Preventative tips for your travel
All passengers are subject to a health check before they board an aircraft and anyone with symptoms of COVID-19 will not be allowed to travel. Health checks may be administered by an airline employee at the check-in counter or the boarding gates.
Proper hygiene can help reduce the risk of infection or spreading infection to others:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after using the washroom and when preparing food:
- use alcohol-based hand sanitizer (in containers 100ml.100g or less) if soap and water are not available
- When coughing or sneezing:
- cough into a tissue or the bend of your arm, not your hand
- dispose of any tissues you have used as soon as possible and wash your hands afterwards
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands
Check & Fly
Airports Council International (ACI) has released an App for your mobile device that will help answer questions that you may have around departing and arriving at airport terminals and the COVID-19 precautions for various locations. Click the icon below to redirect you to the App to download to your device.