Social Distance & Traffic flow
In the effort to reduce the spread of COVID-19, we have installed several measures to help with social distancing and traffic flow.
- Installed plexi-glass barriers at all airline check-in counters, boarding gates, and information desks;
- Installed new physical distancing floor decals to remind passengers to keep 2 metres away from others, including in the pre-board screening area;
- Adjusted traffic flowing in and out of the Terminal to ensure one-way traffic areas;
- Installed hand sanitizer stations at each entrance of the building and added stations throughout the terminal;
- Skyxe is reminding the community to minimize group size when coming into the terminal. For quick passenger pick-up or drop off, please use our cell phone parking lot and proceed to the public curb after your guest has let you know they have their bags.
We have enhanced our supplementary cleaning measures that are already in place, including the utilization of higher-grade cleaning products and supplementary cleaning and sanitizing of our highest touch-points such as handrails, kiosks, and armrests. Our heightened cleaning plan for the terminal quadruples our standard cleaning protocols and continues to utilize high-grade cleaning products. We have disinfectant wipes located throughout the terminal for wiping baggage cart handles.
Skyxe continues to prioritize guest safety. In addition to numerous safety protocols including implementing one-way traffic, physical distancing, sanitization requirements, and enhanced cleaning, Skyxe has also installed LED UV-C handrail sterilization technology on its escalators. The LED UV-C handrail module is mounted internally, so it’s safe to hold our handrails with confidence.
Ultraviolet germicidal irradiation (UVGI) utilizing UV-C technology has been proven to be effective against pathogens such as bacteria and viruses, by penetrating their cells and damaging the DNA or RNA that contain their genetic code.
The health & safety of our guests and employees is our priority. To help prevent the spread of COVID-19, the jetSet shuttle is temporarily unavailable. The jetSet parking lot is closed to incoming vehicles until further notice.
Skyxe’s licensed taxi providers, Captain Taxi (306-242-0000), YXE City Cabs (306-444-3333), and Hey Taxi (306-668-8888) sanitize the interiors of cars, and many of the cars have plexi-glass barriers between the driver and guest. Direct contact is limited as much as possible.
Uber has a dedicated global team of Uber operations, security and safety executives, guided by the advice of a consulting public health expert, working to respond as needed in each market where they operate around the world, including in Saskatoon. Uber remains in close contact with local public health organizations and will continue to follow their recommendations.
Uber has conducted messaging to drivers and riders on the need to wear a facial covering or mask anytime they are inside a vehicle. Further, in order to promote compliance with the facial covering policy, they are rolling out in-app technology to detect driver facial coverings, as well as deploying driver and rider pre-trip checklists.
Uber is also continuing our efforts to send masks directly to earners of the platform as supplies become available. Furthermore, Uber has shifted the maximum number of UberX riders from 4 to 3, to avoid any riders sitting in the front seat.
Finally, Uber has also been working with the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO), and has compiled safety tips and recommendations specifically geared towards ridesharing and delivery. Uber has also included the information in COVID-19 safety educational videos that drivers and riders will be able to access online and via the app.
You can find more information and specifics on what they are doing here: https://www.uber.com/en-CA/newsroom/your-second-first-trip/
Airport car rental agencies are open and able to help answer your questions.
- Enterprise: 306-664-7925
- National: 306-665-5665
- Alamo: 306-500-0120
- Budget: 306-244-7925
- Avis: 306-652-3434
- Hertz/Thrifty/ Dollar: 306-244-8062
Preventative tips for your travel
All passengers are subject to a health check before they board an aircraft and anyone with symptoms of COVID-19 will not be allowed to travel. Health checks may be administered by an airline employee at the check-in counter or the boarding gates.
Passengers travelling by plane to, from or within Canada will have to undergo temperature checks in pre-board screening that will be administered by the Canadian Air Transportation Security Authority (CATSA), with implementation on September 23, 2020.
Proper hygiene can help reduce the risk of infection or spreading infection to others:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after using the washroom and when preparing food:
- use alcohol-based hand sanitizer (in containers 100ml.100g or less) if soap and water are not available
- When coughing or sneezing:
- cough into a tissue or the bend of your arm, not your hand
- dispose of any tissues you have used as soon as possible and wash your hands afterwards
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands
Learn more here: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/prevention-risks.html
Learn more about new travel measures our airline partners are implementing to enhance travel safety.
Check & Fly
Airports Council International (ACI) has released an App for your mobile device that will help answer questions that you may have around departing and arriving at airport terminals and the COVID-19 precautions for various locations. Click the icon below to redirect you to the App to download to your device.